Looking for a college experience that's built just for you? WVU Tech is a great place for transfer students from a wide range of majors and backgrounds.
We're dedicated to helping transfer students make the transition to Tech - and to helping them thrive when they're here. That's why we've put together some helpful resources for transfer students.
Below, you'll find some fast facts about being a transfer student at Tech. To the right, we've provided information on admission requirements, credit transfer, scholarships, financial aid and a handy application checklist to get you started.
Transfer Fast Facts
- WVU Tech enrolls more than 100 transfer students per year
- More than 24 college credit hours? We only need to review your college transcript(s).
- Less than 24 credit hours requires you send high school items as well
- What are high school items? HS Transcript & ACT and (or) SAT scores
- All missing items must be sent to 410 Neville St. Beckley, WV 25801 or email@example.com
- Additional transfer inquiries should be directed to the admissions counselor of your county or state, listed here. Inquiries for international transfer students, should be directed to Jeretta Ford, ’09 .
You’re Among Friends
WVU Tech enrolls transfer students from all over. Students come to us from West Virginia, from throughout the United States and from all over the world.
Transfer Student Scholarships
Scholarships are available for high achieving transfer students. If your cumulative transfer GPA is at least 3.0, check out the opportunities to earn a scholarship at WVU Tech.
Information on obtaining a parking pass such as cost and availability can be found at studentaccounts.wvutech.edu/parking-permits
Transfer Registration and Orientation
Please sign up for a Golden Bear Welcome Day. You will select either a morning or an afternoon session. Additional details will be provided in your confirmation email following your RSVP. If you have 30 or more hours of previous college course work, you will be directed to a faculty member from your academic major after completing the form. If you have questions regarding your registration, please contact Amanda Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadlines for Transfers
WVU Tech has a rolling admissions policy, which means we do not have a specific deadline by which you must apply. Applicants are considered for and informed of admission on a first-come, first-served basis. For you to be considered for transfer admission, all application materials and supporting documents must be received by these dates:
- by December 31 for spring semester admission
- by August 1 for fall semester admission
We recommend you apply as early as possible.
Disclaimer for those sending transcripts to WVU Tech via National Student Clearinghouse
When using the National Student Clearinghouse to request transcripts, please be advised that WVU Tech is not listed as a recipient. In order to have the National Student Clearinghouse transcripts sent to us, please select the option: “Not on the list” and manually enter "WVU Tech". We apologize in advance for this inconvenience. If you have issues, please contact our office at 304-929-0311 or email@example.com.