At West Virginia University Institute of Technology we celebrate that we’re made up of Golden Bears from all walks of life. WVU is known for honoring the worth of every individual and sustaining an environment where all people are encouraged to achieve their full potential.
From academic support to mental health and wellness resources, WVU Tech provides many services that will help you find a healthy balance and realize your full potential.
Need help? We're here.
Why Return?There are many reasons to come to WVU Tech to finish your degree. Our campus in Beckley supports Golden Bears of every age, from around the globe and from diverse backgrounds. Whether you took a break from school or you are looking for a new path in your life, WVU Tech has a program and the support to help you succeed.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that individuals with a bachelor’s degree earned an average of $468 more per week in comparison to those with a high school diploma. Over the course of your career, those earnings can really add up!
A college degree can boost your level of job satisfaction! A 2016 Pew Research report found that 60% of individuals with a bachelor’s degree believe their job provides a sense of identity in comparison to just 38% of those with a high school diploma or less.
The WVU Career Services Center will prepare you for your career with résumé building, internship opportunities and powerful tools to connect you with other alumni in your desired field. Once you graduate, you are automatically a member of the Tech Golden Bear Alumni Association - putting you in touch with successful peers from around the world.
Why WVU Tech?
Guidance on your journey.
- Find your passion. With more than 30 degree programs offered at WVU Tech, there is something to help you turn your passions and interests into a rewarding career. Start where you left off or find something new!
- Get help finding the career for you. The Navigate program is a career assessment to help you explore majors and career paths and help you determine which career directions might prove rewarding. Create your account and complete the assessment for guidance on choosing a major.
- Need academic forgiveness? If you have not been enrolled at a higher education institution for at least four years, you may be able to apply for academic forgiveness. This allows you to start over with your GPA but keep credit for all courses passed.
- Want to repeat courses to improve your grades? You may be able to repeat courses you received a grade of D or F in. The new grade will replace the previous D or F in your overall GPA calculation.
- Consider the Regents Bachelor of Arts (RBA). The RBA's F Forgiveness policy allows eligible students to have all F grades obtained four years or more prior to joining the RBA program to be factored out of their GPA calculations. This includes courses taken at WVU and/or transferred in
A community of acceptance.
- We'll keep you busy outside the classroom. WVU Tech's campus is located at the heart of Beckley. Campus is also just a short ride away from the New River Gorge National Park, the state capitol, and much more. There is always plenty of adventure and fun to be had when you choose WVU Tech.
- Find your community. The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) has heard the input from the WVU Tech community and established more initiatives and programming in the areas of community partnerships and programming.
- We have something for every interest. Getting involved is easy at WVU Tech. Our campus hosts a diverse array of organizations based on majors, interests, causes and services, but if you don’t see your interest or passion, you can create a new student organization of your own.
Support to succeed.
- Get the mental health help you need. Our counselors are located in University Hall in the Student Health Center to help through individual and group counseling.
- Sometimes you just need someone to talk to. TalkSpace is a convenient, personal and professional online messaging and support service from a dedicated licensed mental health therapist — anytime, anywhere.
- Get the academic help you need. We offer free tutoring and tutoring by appointment. Because our tutors are current students who have excelled in the classes you are taking, they can help you succeed academically.
- We know a healthy lifestyle is a process. We are dedicated to educating and empowering students to help them realize their full potential. WellWVU provides programs and services designed to raise student awareness of healthy lifestyles and behaviors.