Skip to main content


Do you have an application fee?

Nope. And applying is super easy. You can get started right here .

What NAIA athletic programs do you offer?

Men’s Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, eSports, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Track & Field, Wrestling

Women’s Sports: Basketball, Cross Country, eSports, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track & Field, Volleyball

Find out more at

Do you offer scholarships?  

When you apply to WVU Tech, you’re automatically considered for our valuable scholarship opportunities. You can visit our scholarships website , which will help you find the scholarships that apply to your specific situation.

Can I have a car on campus? 

Yes! However, if you park your car on campus, you will be required to purchase a permit for parking. Currently, parking for students is $100 per academic year. 

Do I have to live on campus? 

That depends. If you're a full-time student with less than 59 credit hours or if you live more than 50 miles from campus, you'll be required to live in one of our residence halls. If you live within 50 miles, are married, have children or will be 21 or older by the first day of the semester, you won't be required to live on campus.

How many students attend WVU Tech?

Right now, it’s more than 1,700, and that number keeps growing (that’s a lot of friends to make!)

Are students mostly local?

While most of our students are from the area, we also have Golden Bears from all over the country and from more than 20 countries outside the United States. You’ll meet people from all walks of life.

Do you accept credits from programs like IB, CLEP and AP? 

We do. You can find more information on AP, CLEP, IB, Cambridge International and military service credit equivalencies on the WVU undergraduate website.

Do I need to submit a TOEFL or other English Language Proficiency score?

We accept official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) scores as a measure of English language proficiency. Check out our website to see those requirements.

How do I submit my transcripts?

If your transcripts are from a school in the United States, those must come to us directly from that school.

For schools outside the U.S., we’ll need copies of transcripts in their original language and translated into English, diplomas or certificates showing any degree you’ve earned and a current copy of your passport or visa.

Remember: you must submit original or certified copies of official records and transcripts after you’re admitted or as soon as you arrive. You can find out more about submitting transcripts or having them evaluated for grade conversion on our website .

Our address is 410 Neville St., Beckley WV 25801.

Where should I send my missing documents?

You can mail them to us at: 410 Neville Street Beckley, WV 25801. You can also send documents to

Do you offer master’s degrees?

We don’t offer any advanced degrees right now, but our WVU campus in Morgantown does.

What is you ACT and/or SAT code?

Our ACT code is 4536 and the SAT code is 5902. 

What is your FAFSA code?

003827 (We share the same code as WVU and WVU Potomac State College.)

How do I obtain my student visa?

Once you’re admitted, the University will issue you an official Form I-20 document and a letter of admission. After that, you pay the  SEVIS fee before a Visa can be issued. This fee is paid directly to the United States Government through SEVIS. For more information about the fee and to pay online, visit  SEVIS I-901 Fee . Remember: it’s your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements with a United States Embassy or Consulate to schedule an appointment and interview.

Have a question we haven't answered? Contact us.

Ready to get started?  

Need to speak to a faculty member from this department? Set up a chat.