ALEKS and Accuplacer Registration Instructions
ALEKS Exam: Instructions
1. Accessing the eCampus Portal
- Candidates registering to take the ALEKS exam for use at WVU Tech must enter ALEKS through the eCampus portal.
- In order to gain access to the correct portal you must contact Dr. Marcia Bastian at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once Dr. Bastian has registered you on the eCampus portal, you will be notified.
- You may begin the exam anytime; it is self-paced.
2. Accessing and Paying for ALEKS
- Open a browser
- Go To: ecampus.wvu.edu
- Login: Userid: your WVUID1; Password: your WVU password2
- Click on: WVU-Tech-ALEKS
- Click on: TAKE Your ALEKS Assessment. This takes you to the ALEKS site, you will pay the $25.00 fee here using either a credit or debit card
3. Taking the ALEKS Exam
- ALEKS is a proctored exam.
- The apps are loaded from the ALEKS website: Respondus Lockdown Browser, Respondus Monitor
- Password for Proctored Test: TECHMATH01
Number of Attempts
- You have a maximum of three attempts
FIRST ATTEMPT: PRACTICE TEST
- Your score on the Practice Test places you into the appropriate Preparation and Review modules
- You must go through the Prep and Review modules before ALEKS opens your second attempt
- You will spend a minimum of 5 hours in the Prep and Review modules after which you can take the exam for the second attempt
- The score on the second attempt is the score that will be used to place you into the appropriate math class at WVU Tech
- If you are not satisfied with the score on your second attempt, you may take the exam a third time
- Prior to taking ALEKS a third time, you are required to spend 5 hours in the Prep and Review modules
- This is your last attempt
4. Score to WVU Tech
- ALEKS is integrated with BANNER through eCampus
- This means that when you complete the ALEKS exam your score is automatically entered into the BANNER system and immediately available to WVU Tech Admissions and advisors
- When you have completed the ALEKS exam, please send an email to:
- Dr. Marcia Bastian: email@example.com
- Ms. Rita Fairfax: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please email Dr. Marcia Bastian at: email@example.com
1 If you do not have a WVU ID, contact the WVU Tech Admissions Office (929.304.0311)
2 If you have not set up your WVU password, CLAIM your account at:
Accuplacer: How to Schedule Your Accuplacer Exam
• The Accuplacer exam must be completed, and the score brought to the Student Success Center
prior to the first day of classes for the semester in which you are registering for your college-
level English course.
Sitting Fee Waiver
• If you are an in-coming or current WVU Tech student who has been referred to take the
Accuplacer exam, the Testing Center’s $30.00 sitting fee will be waived.
• You are allowed one waiver.
Scheduling Your Exam
• Contact the WVU Tech Testing Center:
• Phone: 304.929.0321
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Location: Life Sciences Building, First Floor; Room 107
• Speak with Ms. Cheryl Long
• Ms. Long maintains the Testing Center’s scheduling system
• Ms. Long will need both your name and WVU ID number
• Ms. Long will confirm with the Student Success Center and/or the Admissions Office that you
have a referral.
• This confirmation will allow you to take the Accuplacer exam without having to pay the sitting
• Arrive at the Testing Center 20 minutes before your scheduled test time
• A Score Report will be available upon completion of the exam.
• Take your Score Report to an advisor at the WVU Tech Student Success Center located on the 2nd floor of the Learning Resource Center (inside the WVU Tech library). The testing center also has your score on record.