This checklist is meant to help admitted international students start off on the right track. If you have any questions, or need help at any point throughout the process, contact us.
- Pay your Sevis fee and have your receipt, acceptance letter and Form I-20 when you go to your visa appointment
- Claim your Student Account
- Log into WVU Portal
- Register for classes (contact Jeretta for guidance)
- Submit your online housing application
with your housing application fee
Submit your photo
online for your Student ID. Your ID will be ready for you upon your arrival
by submitting online!
- Sign-Up to participate in our Global Bear Family Network - (This program matches international students up with local families to encourage cross-cultural exchange and for international students to meet local community members)
- Plan on attending International Student Orientation and New Student Orientation on Friday, January 6th
- Pay Your Bill
- Move In
- Check in with your DSO (Dan) within 10 days of your arrival to campus to go through Sevis Registration process for the semester
- Visit the New Student Checklist and complete it as necessary