Transfer students are accepted for each semester or summer term. One month prior to a registration period, the student must be accepted for admission. Documents required are as follow:
- Application for admission.
- Official transcript from each college attended.
- If the student has earned less than 24 semester hours, an official copy of the high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores.
- Admission Policies
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Residence Life & Housing
- Athletics Recruitment Questionnaire
WVU Tech will accept a maximum of 72 semester hours of lower division credit from two-year community and technical colleges toward a baccalaureate degree. Additional credit may be transferred from accredited four-year college and universities, but the major department and Registrar will determine which courses may be applicable to a particular degree. In all cases, transfer students will be required to complete at least 36 hours of credit in residence at WVU Tech prior to graduation.
Students with fewer than 24 transfer credits must take the orientation course, University W191, First Year Experience.